On-The-Job Trainer Workshop
The purpose of this half-day workshop is to introduce essential skills and knowledge for workplace trainers to carry out effective skills instruction at their place of work.
– Skills and traits for success
– Adult Learning Theory
– Learning styles
– Barriers to workplace learning
– Instruction process
– Identify common skills and traits of successful on-the-job skills instructors
– Become familiar with Adult Learning Theory and six principles of adult learning
– Understand different learning styles and identify potential to adapt workplace instruction to accommodate styles
– Identify factors that slow down workplace learning, misdirect it or prevent it from happening
– Apply the tell, show, do, review instruction process
Who should attend?
– Any employee whose role involves providing on-the-job skills instruction to other employees.